Panasonic takes productive action to switch to R410A refrigerant
Recognising consumers' anxiety and financial difficulties to adapt to the new R22 regulations, Panasonic developed a new cost-effective and simple solution to switch to R410A refrigerant.
What is Panasonic VRF Renewal?
Panasonic VRF Renewal enables reuse of good quality existing R22 pipe work to be installed with a new high efficiency R410A system.
What’s so unique about Panasonic’s solution?
By enabling reuse of existing R22 piping, consumers get to save substantially
from reduced installation cost, and without any sacrifices to warranty or performance.
Panasonic's Renewal system generates high efficient performance
Panasonic’s Renewal system allows a completely new VRF system, indoor and outdoor units, to be installed using the existing systems pipe work. Panasonic’s advanced technology enables the system to work with previously installed pipe work by managing the working pressure within the system down to R22 (3.3 bar) levels.
This ensures the system works safely and efficiently without loss of capacity. The new equipment has potential to increase COP/EER by using state of the art inverter compressor and heat exchanger technology.
Having contacted your Panasonic supplier regarding pipe work restrictions and gained approval to use the Panasonic Renewal System there are three main tests that have to be carried out to ensure that the system can be used effectively. Firstly a thorough inspection of the pipe work must be carried out and any damage must be repaired.
Secondly an oil test has to be carried out to ensure that the system has not been subject to a compressor burnout during its lifetime. Lastly a VRF Renewal Kit has to be installed within the pipe work to ensure that the system is cleaned of any oil residue.
VRF Renewal Kit and Sight Glass
The following shows an overview of the VRF Renewal Kit that is required when existing tubing is reused.
If the exact tube length and tube size of the existing tubing are uncertain, attach a sight glass in accordance with the figure below.
It will be used for checking the amount of additional refrigerant charge.
Attaching the Renewal Kit and sight glass
- To adjust the limited pressure level into 3.3 MPa, special setting is necessary on site.
- A filter drier shall be attached to the liquid tubing of each outdoor unit.
- Do not need to remove Renewal Kit after a test run is performed as it can be retained for normal operation.
- When attaching Renewal Kit, be extra careful with regards to installation location and orientation of the filter drier and ball valve. Any mistakes will complicate maintenance work.
- Thermal insulation material (field supply: heat resistance of 80˚C or higher and thickness of 10 mm or greater) shall be applied to the Renewall Kit.
- The filter drier of the Renewal Kit may need to be replaced depending on the condition of the existing unit. Use a Danfoss DMB 164 as there placement filter drier (field supply).
Connecting tube dimensions (Inch mm)
A Ø 1/2 (12.7) (12,14,16 HP)
B Ø 3/8 (9.52) (8,10 HP)
Note: If the tube size does not match that of the existing tubing, use a reducer (field supply) to adjust the tube diameter.
Sight glass (field supply)
If the exact tube length and tube size of theexisting tubing are uncertain, attach a sight glass to the liquid tubing, and use it to check whether there is an appropriate amount of additional refrigerant charge.